For over 50 years, Proto-Cast, LLC. has been providing our customers with a one stop shop for building molds, maintaining and running molds, and more. We are proud of our customer service record, attention to detail and high quality parts. But equally important to quality and production are the plastic injection molding machines we use. Without the capabilities of these machines, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the excellent products you have come to expect from Proto-Cast. So this week we’ll be turning a spotlight on the unsung heroes of our company.
Introducing the Workhorses of Proto-Cast, LLC.
We have a total of 14 plastic injection molding machines, with clamp tonnage ranging from 55 to 350 tons. These are geared to the various industries we serve: aerospace and defense, industrial and consumer, medical and dental. These machines can accommodate mold heights from 5.9 to 29.528 inches, offering lots of possibilities. Our plastic injection molding machines have a mixture of power sources, from electric and hydraulic (oil-based), to our new, hybrid machines.
We identify our machines by an assigned number, ranging 7-11, 17-20, and 22-26. Here are a few, quick facts about some of our favorite machines:
- #8 – All of our clear jobs are run in this machine
- #17 – At 350 tons, this is our biggest machine!
- #19 – The rockstar of our facility, it is used the most out of all our machines! It mainly runs 8” molds of parts for aerospace and industrial.
- #22 and #23 – Our electric machines! In addition to other molding jobs, #22 is used for a particular job that uses overmolding.
- #24, #25 and #26 – Our newest machines, these are hybrids (both electric and hydraulic). We are very excited to add hybrid plastic injection molding machines to our line!
- #26 – This is our very latest machine, purchased within the last year. At 55 tons, it is also our smallest machine and is used for small, precise parts.
In addition to the plastic injection molding machines, we have two hot oil machines which are used for molds that require higher temperatures and a chiller for cold molds. For most other molds we use a thermometer to adjust the temperature on the water lines depending on the material and/or job.
Proto-Cast, LLC. – A Legacy of Quality and Excellence
Proto-Cast, LLC. is a full service injection molding facility that serves businesses around the world and can also deliver locally. We offer a wide range of materials and secondary services to give our clients an end-to-end experience. If you are looking for a plastic injection molding company with a commitment to excellence, contact us today at 610-326-1723 or email@example.com .